Sori beb, hari ni aku tak sempat nak memikir dan menyusun ayat untuk entri terbaru aku sebab dok sibuk ‘menyaring’ biodata 22 calon protege aku. Untuk itu, korang baca je la artikel yang aku dapat dari salah seorang member aku yang mana member aku ni sempat berkata “aku tau kenapa ko ‘kedekut’ bro.. sebab ko nak jadi kaya macam Warren Buffet ni kan?”. Bagi korang yang tak tahu siapa Warren Buffet ni, beliau adalah antara orang terkaya di dunia.
There was a one hour interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet. Following are some very interesting aspects of his life :
- He bought his first share at age 11 and he regrets that he started too late. Aku pun sama, start main share masa umur aku 23 tahun dan aku sempat beli 2 lot saham Digi pada harga RM4.82. Kalau la aku start awal sikit, mesti aku dapat harga lagi murah.. huhuhu.
- He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspaper.
- He still lives in the same small 3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
- He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
- He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company.
- His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
- He has given his CEOs only two rules :
- Rule No 1 : Do not lose any of your shareholder’s money.
- Rule No 2 : Do not forget rule no 1.
- He does not socialise with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself popcorn and watch television.
- He does not carry a cell phone nor has a computer on his desk.
His advice to young people :
Stay away from credit cards/bank loans and invest in yourself. Remember :
- Money doesn’t create man but it is the man who created money.
- Live your life as simple as you are.
- Don’t do what others say, just listen them but do what you feel good.
- Don’t go on brand name. Just wear those things in which you feel comfortable.
- Don’t waste your money on unnecessary things. Just spend on them who really in need rather.
- After all, it is your life then why give chance to others to rule our life.
“THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE DO NOT NECESSARILY HAVE THE BEST THINGS. THEY SIMPLY APPRECIATE THE THINGS THEY HAVE”
AE : Buat member aku yang kata aku ‘kedekut’ “Bro, tak yah kedekut pun aku dah kaya tapi bukan kaya harta tapi kaya ‘rupa’ dan ‘budi bahasa’.. wakakaka”